Back & Neck Pain Relief
As osteopathic treatment is all about physical fine-tuning, it can help people of any age, with a wide range of problems. A common problem we treat is back pain and/or neck pain.
Why am I in pain?
Unless there has been a specific trauma, e.g. from a car accident, fall, or sporting injury, problems in adulthood generally tend to be a result of stresses that have accumulated over the years, until the body’s compensatory mechanisms begin to breakdown.
Your muscles and joints effectively go on strike, in protest over the pressure they have been subjected to, often for quite a prolonged period of time.
What will your osteopath do?
Your osteopath will complete a thorough case history and examination. They will then explain in detail:
- How osteopathy can help you relieve your back pain and/or neck pain.
- What is wrong and which muscles, joints or nerves are causing your pain.
- Why it has happened.
- What treatment you require.
- Provide you with a treatment plan with milestones to help measure your progress.
- Refer you to other practitioners if required such as GPs, Radiologists, Paediatricians etc.
- How many sessions they think it will take to relieve the pain and resolve the problem.
- What you can do to speed your recovery.
- The things you must do to avoid prolonging or aggravating the neck or back injury.
- What can be done, through treatment and management, to ensure back or neck pain problems does not recur.